Saturday, December 14, 2019

The ghetto McDonald's

So, on the day the Mayan McDonald's can be seen to no longer be Mayan, I decide to stop on by and see what's going on in front of the Maritime Academy.

And looking like a boring box, the building itself looks almost complete. Some people are painting some trim, palm trees have been planted around the perimeter and the stone accent piece with the golden m looks nice.

I can see that the menu boards with the pretty pictures of food AR working even through the windows from far away.





This was the store that needed remodeling a decade ago, and they actually closed it, turned off the electricity and open it up again when a deal ran through.

And this whole time, the big m, the sign four people traveling i-95 to come here, has been on, lit up at night, and leading people to a closed building.

I wonder if McDonald's pays the Maritime academy for the use of its pretend second floor as a place to hold their sign?

I'm sure I could find that out, since I've already discussed McDonald's with Miss Cooper.












No comments:

Post a Comment