Sunday, November 15, 2015

Genesis 1

Thanks to a series of CDs entitled Create Your World, by Patricia King, this time that I read Genesis 1, from the beginning of Oursler's The Greatest Book Ever Written- these were my impressions.


It's just great.  Some people see Genesis 1 as the first part of the Bible, which it is.  And I see it as a great introduction tacked on later to set the stage for some thoughts that were already written.  How do we write what is so awesome that it is beyond words?  Is the idea beyond the Word?  Of course it is.

I see Genesis 1 as instructions for what people are to do.  We're supposed to create.  And we're supposed to identify the good.  And right now that I'm so overwhelmed with a world of options that I do nothing, I'm supposed to divide and segregate the big wide world into my part in it.

God says things and they happen, but most of the story is dividing up everything into smaller bits until there is a focus on one man.


I also loved the fact that the definition of fruit is taken from this passage.

A fruit is something that has a seed in it.  An herb is something that needs a seed to grow.

Those scientists.  Don't they know that everything they do is just trying to explain Genesis 1?

No comments:

Post a Comment