Thursday, September 8, 2016

Pictures of the Past

I discovered a feature in Windows Media Center just now that I had no idea existed.  When playing a CD; Cindy Morgan's A Reason to Live, I clicked on Slide Show.

Wow, what a great feature.  Pictures flash by, with some panning to make their movement fit the music somewhat, or better said- seem like a video clip- and I'm seeing pictures of Egypt and places I had forgotten about, and family photos and wow, I used to be fat.  I had no idea.  I look better now than 10 years ago.  It's also disconcerting to have the pictures chosen for me.  Some don't fit at all, but the feature is great.

I remember one time I was listening to Cindy and having a good time driving back to college.  Now I'm in South Florida on the cusp of a new adventure.  It's interesting how some aspects of the music and photos seem dated and some seem so now.

Cindy is singing "Cinderella thinks she's found herself a charming prince while a picture of Cinderella castle comes up.  Then there are the pictures that are amazingly inappropriate for their new random temporary setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment