Wednesday, September 21, 2016

This is My Quest

In thinking of today's blog post, I started thinking of that song from Man of La Mancha.  To follow that star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far- to fight for the right, without question or cause- to be willing to march into hell for a glorious cause.

That last line always got me- the nine year old fundamentalist.  I didn't see hell as a place that was really bad in which one might march- or into which one might.  I saw it as a place people couldn't get out of if they ever went, so not a place one could go into and leave.  So it always seemed to me to be a really hard bargain but worth the sacrifice?  Nah, I'll pass.

I think of quivering Sancho Panza or whatever his name is, in It's A Small World.  Poor guy, trapped in there forever listening to those same chords over and over.

My smoothie today is peanut and coconut and banana and flaxseed.   Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment