Friday, December 22, 2017

ABC's Lost - First Season

I finished the first season of Lost again and decided not to watch all the bonus features.



This time around I collected lots of good facial expressions.

























I was listening to an interview last night of the makeup artist for Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill; The Grinch and many more- and an interview with the monster player who is finally landed as a leading man as a fish guy in The Shape of Water.  The Japanese guy; raised in Kyoto, was talking about that city's tradition of looking one way- showing emotion on top of the real emotion underneath- when people are being fake.  I wonder if Kyoto is actually any different than the rest of this earth.














Back to Lost:
Good cast.



Nice scenery- spectacular now and then- probably on purpose- not all the time to emphasize certain points.

Few aerial shots- extremely effective.



I only watched a little of the narrated commentary on the first episode; but I really liked the way they stopped the show to show clips.



I've been wondering about ancient times; or different times and societies and just wondering if maybe we talk too much.  There are so many words in the English language: so obviously talking doesn't have to be done like that since so many other dictionaries are so incredibly smaller.  That's obvious.  But what about the volume of words?

Discovering a great actress who I didn't even know was acting has made me think how much of liars and exaggerators we all are.  What about if we just said less?  I notice ancient literature isn't dialogue driven.  Do you think they talked more like that?  They just said fewer words- more of what they actually meant and maybe only liars lied?

No comments:

Post a Comment