Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Book I'd Like To Write - Head, Heart, Hands and Health: How the First of the 3 Hs Ruined the Fourth


 A Book I'd Like To Write




Head, Heart, Hands and Health:

or

How the First 3 of the Hs Unintentionally Ruined the Fourth


I was at Sweet Tomatoes.  I like all the food at Sweet Tomatoes.  But, when I go there, I want to eat a little of all the food at Sweet Tomatoes and that is too much food at one time.

We talked about 4H, and I didn't know what the Hs were.  We each took turns thinking that out, and they're all great; the real ones that we confirmed and the potential ones that we thought of.  As far as I know, the organization is great too.  But later, when I was thinking about how much sugar we eat and how our selves get chopped off in little bits starting from the bottom, I considered that maybe we have focused on the top half and not the bottom half of us.

Finding meaning only in intellect, emotions and doing, Western civilization has ignored a huge part of our health.  

Let's see: there's the head, which is understandably emphasized, and the wrestling match between the head and the heart: a lot is made of that..  Then there are the hands.  We emphasize doing, not being- and that has affected our health.

No comments:

Post a Comment