Tuesday, June 23, 2015

McD's

I really enjoy McDonald's and Taco Bell and Popeyes and any other place that has fried chicken.  I don't think the quality of the food is as good at fast food restaurants compared with other places, but I think the differences are rather slight and the prices are quite different, considering that at a fast food place I can buy one item, sit there for hours, and don't need to leave a tip.

It feels really good to sit in air conditioning this time of year, and today I had an excuse to go to McD's, having gone to a survey place, which is another fascinating story.

Today at McD's there were three gentleman dressed in business attire who own or manage the store, but you can tell they're not there usually.  The workers were nervous, and I think that made them slower than usual.  One was friendly and one wasn't, and I wonder what they act like when the guys in suits aren't there.

I heard one of the guys in suits talking to a customer about McD's financial woes.  He said that the corporate stores are suffering, but privately owned stores pay the employees more and when the employees are happy, everything works better.  I have to agree, and I wanted to listen in on the whole conversation but didn't find the opportunity.

There are a lot of ways to help people do a better job, and money is one of them.  I believe if we find the good, and tell people everything they are doing well, they will naturally do those things more and other people will follow and there will be less negative things going on, even if they are never addressed.

I hope McD's does well, and I hope they continue to offer some healthier choices.  They could lead the way in using only whole grains if they chose.  I think that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment