Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Movie about Nixon - Tom Hanks

I caught a few minutes of an interview with an author who wrote about Nixon and I was impressed with his ability to see several sides of his subject and to acknowledge weaknesses and strengths, which are present in all people, rather than reducing his thoughts to one perspective. 

A life is by definition, complicated and varied.

In listening to how much Nixon wanted to be good, and how there is much evidence of the internal struggle he undertook while navigating the temptations of power, I thought that if another movie was made about him, Tom Hanks could handle the complexity of a role in which it would be great to see an actor who is so likable, yet buffeted by forces within and without to appear somewhat villainous.

As the author stated, Presidents of the United States leave a great paper trail to follow, and I would like to read the book perhaps, but I don't remember the title or the author, or even if they were mentioned in the portion of the interview I heard.

I'm putting it out in the blogosphere: Tom Hanks, and Mr. Author, whoever you are - I think this would make a great movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment