Monday, June 22, 2015

Buddy Freddy's for Father's Day

Buddy Freddy's is the best buffet ever, and it's not that close by but it is worth a trip.  I would probably drive much further if only I had another excuse- like the drive is pretty or if there was a store nearby that sold something you can't just find anywhere, or if it's a good day for driving....

We went there on Father's Day and it occurred to me that both my Father and Grandfather went by the name Bud, although that wasn't the real name of either one.

There's a Bud's chicken in South Florida I love also and I think about that name and my progenitors every time we go there also.

We drove along to Buddy Freddy's and sang songs we thought our Fathers would have liked, but we didn't talk about dads too much.  There were innumerable items available, but I remember I had strawberry shortcake (with yellow cake, macerated strawberries and whipped cream), greens, brussels sprouts, carrot souffle, fried catfish, fried shrimp, fried chicken, meatloaf, some other beef dish, corn pudding, cherry cobbler, peach cobbler.  I only had a little of each thing and probably more that I can't remember.

The food was great.
  • 1101 Goldfinch Dr
    Plant City, FL 33563
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment