Sunday, May 5, 2019

Audition

So instead of practicing the song in the key I knew it was written in, or realizing it had a ridiculous range, before the day of the audition, I learned the words in the melody. Which is a great start.

Looking back, it would have been better to do an old song even though that would have been ignoring their instructions and they wanted contemporary. But you know, old song would have been better than messed up song.

Del Carmen, no welcome from Cabaret was a cruel joke on me since eighth grade. The queen is suggested it, was right on. But I didn't realize the joke until maybe High School. Maybe later. It was in high school, that k told me I'd be a great music Major. The day I broke my violin.

So if your comment, no welcome from Cabaret, where's my Young Frankenstein song Edition mess up. And it was pretty good for my Man of La Mancha and a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum addition.

Blankenship told me he gets people ready for auditions, and I'm not sure why I don't get ready for them, except when I'm learning a new song. Sabotage, Maybe? But more likely other things on my mind.

The Pompano Beach Edition, no audition, was in a warehouse of costumes. I would love to look around in the warehouse of costumes at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom again. I guess I should work there just for that reason. But there are other reasons too.

Seeing all those Christmas costumes at Disney, and all the character heads at Costume World in Pompano Beach, was amazing. And the Boca bound people so bored, or pretending to be so bored, except for Chad who sent me emails and Paul who tried to play the piano in the right key but I wouldn't cooperate.

I think he was trying to find Mikey because he thought that was his job, but I was thinking that it was my job to bring the key music in the right key. I hope you didn't think he wasn't doing his job. Because it was totally my fault.

I guess I'm supposed to take more time meeting the panel when I audition, but they act so disinterested, is it my job to get out of there quick or to make them interested, or two act interested despite their uninterest. I guess that's it, like you would for a job interview.

They're just not prepared I guess. So it comes down to either who they know already, or who can Peak their interest in such a dumb scenario. You know, entertain me I'm the emperor, which is the worst way to get good entertainment.

I guess that's it, so the thing is to be perky despite their completely unfair penis. No, I didn't say anything about that. Despite their inability to show any life. I guess they're just thinking about weather about to hear, like someone who's listening to a record. And not someone who's interacting. I'm surprised I didn't put this together yet. It's amazing that I've passed a few auditions without knowing this.

Paul tried in vain to make it a good idea soon, and by trying to figure out where we would stop, I knew he was trying to make it a performance, rather than just saying a few bars. But I didn't take his cue. And Chad asking me to stand near the piano was trying to make it better. And the other people just couldn't look like they gave a fish. But why do I think that's a personality defect? Instead of just the way they are acting at a particular time?

Abbas interviewing, no a boss interviewing, it's like that. And, isn't a music director, and a producer, and a director, each of them, hey boss? Hello. I need to think that way.

So I'm learning. And I keep getting opportunities.


























No comments:

Post a Comment