Sunday, December 16, 2018

Appropriate for Christmas

My favorite things
When else am I going to hear it?

But it just seems wrong.

The Supremes did it, but I don't think I knew that before Barbra Streisand did it on her Christmas album.

Barbra Streisand Christmas Album seems inappropriate in a way. But I love it.

I told Sandi that it made sense, just like it made sense for one of her compatriots to play the part of Madea. Or the other media or the other Madea.

To me, apart should be played, and it doesn't need to be much like real life. But it has to ring emotionally true. 7th Barbara wants to sing a Christmas song, I want to hear it.

Paper packages wrapped up with string are not Christmasy much. They should be brightly colored, and which pretty paper and with pretty ribbons.

Is any other part of the song Christmasy?

Is strudel for Christmas? I don't think so.



On the way over, I noticed that what I used to think, which is Michael W Smith takes Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring and goes into a Christmas song isn't true. It goes into a manual, make that Emmanuel and like it's lyric Glee similar Old Testament quoting Messiah song, it's about Jesus and not about the birth of the Christ child.



I I've always preferred unto us a child is born over the Hallelujah Chorus, which is a close second, but that's probably because I don't hear that one as often as the other.



I also saw a billboard, 4 NASA which said something like holiday in space.

I remember, when I started thinking about these things, which wasn't as a child, noticing that Disney kept Christmas stuff oh, well, better said, promoted the hell out of it, while schools we're wrestling with the Christ part of it. And at the same time, government seem to let it go.

So Nice is going to have a holiday in space? But, of course not a Christmas in space. And the billboard has the druidic Holly on it.

The Puritans were right. Christmas is a razor, a dividing line and a stumbling block.

I also heard a song about Christmas Vacation. We caught it Christmas Vacation, before we called it holiday vacation. Or was it Christmas break?

It is a season of holiday, and not just one day.

It's the holiday season.

I think I want to coin a phrase for it, or word. Something that points out that it starts at Halloween now and ends in New Year's Eve. No, ends on New Year's Day. Or maybe, ends on January 3rd, which we always in disability land, realized was that fruition of the Christmas miracle.

I suppose if it's here in Florida, it can be extended to include Three Kings Day but I don't know if the Cubans and Puerto Ricans and maybe the Italians we still do something like that I'll do it on the same day.

Maybe, if I throw in the 12 Days of Christmas I can bring back michaelmas.


Now, somebody explain to me how text-to-speech knows the word Michael Mass a second ago as one word, which obviously should have been capitalized and then throws in this other version of it?


















































No comments:

Post a Comment