Saturday, January 10, 2015

Janusexercise

The gym sure knows this is January.

That place is packed!  I don't know what happens when I'm not there, but I have been going a little more often lately and I gotta grab whatever weight machine I can find.  If I don't, somebody will be sitting there a long time, checking their phone for messages while I'm looking for something to do to keep my heart rate up.

I guess the thought process I use is that while in the gym I should be moving, while some others seem to think that as long as they are in the gym, they are burning calories.  They are right of course, because if you are alive, you are burning calories.

Walking through the gym in January is like playing Frogger.

 en.wikipedia.org


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing because I would use it help me.This really helped me .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first received comment on this blog. I was very glad to see it and very glad that it was positive and very glad that someone said they were assisted by my rambling.

    Very recently, I hijacked a Facebook post about someone misunderstanding the connection between the Suzuki Violin Method and pedagogy. I turned it into a post denouncing education for being lazy and substituting synonyms for definitions. I continued by saying that BA and BS degrees are all BS. They are designed to help an undergraduate lose gracefully to a computer on Jeopardy. I knew this was an overstatement, and love college classes but the point I want to make is that we; all of us, are learning all the time. If we're watching tv we may be learning that we're glad we don't live in New Jersey, but we are learning something. Education needs to be more focused and also more broad. It is different than trivia. I love trivia, and education should include it but it should in its essence be trivia's opposite.

    ReplyDelete