Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Old Socks

Someone asked me yesterday what I thought they should do with a bag of old socks.

I couldn't just say "I don't care." or "Throw them out."  Instead, I said something like "You have a bag of old socks?," as if someone would ask what to do with a bag of old socks as a hypothetical question rather than wanting an answer to an actual situational issue.

"They're in a pillowcase," she said.  "I have an old pillowcase filled with socks that don't have any matches."

I suggested that one could put a sock on their hand and then very easily dust, but she said that she had old rags for that.

                                                                          I did not ask when the last time might have been that the dust rags had been in use.                             

No comments:

Post a Comment