Tuesday, January 20, 2015

State Of The Union

I was trying not to listen to the four or five people a few tables away, but then I heard something about their opinion of Michelle Obama so I started listening.

Apparently, someone was rather angry at this woman they don't know because she had the audacity to eat chicken fingers with her own fingers.  Thankfully, according to this woman I don't know, who was incensed about a well-known woman she doesn't know, this was before Mrs. Obama was First Lady, because according to the speaker who was mortified; that would have been worse.

Isn't this exactly the state of our union? 

If you like somebody, you think what they do is cute, or right.  Or if you like them, but you don't like what they did, you think whatever they did is of little consequence.

If you don't like someone, you think what they do is terrible, or if you absolutely have to like something they did, then you discount it as if it's not a true reflection of who they are.

I don't know if it's true, but let's just say that somebody ate some chicken fingers with their fingers.  We all could see that as appropriate, inappropriate, cute, down-to-earth, rude or unworthy of comment.  I think that's about all the choices available and I know which one I agree with.

             recipe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment