Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Judgment free Zone

I like words.  And sometimes that has been very good for me.  School was always easy for me, and I liked it, for the most part.  Having an affinity for words has been great.  But having studied a few foreign languages, and not going very deeply into any of them, I realize that English as my language, has shaped my thoughts, not just in terms of vocabulary, but in every way.

Because English has so many words, we tend to think in synonyms rather than in definitions.

At the gym, this realization hit me after seeing this:

                                                planetfitness.com


Most people wouldn't admit to being judgmental.  But if you have an opinion about every single body of every single person that walks by you in the gym.....

 planetfitness.com

You can call it whatever you want; criticism, constructive criticism, nosiness, attentiveness, but it's not helping anybody or any body; especially yours.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder why it's written "Judgment free Zone" without an uppercase F?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed signs with all lowercase letters now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I looked up at the sign that said "judgement free zone" in all lower-case letters and thought it was better than the "f" being capitalized by itself or two of the words capitalized and not all three. I write signs in what I think of as title case, with most words capitalized, except for little ones like "of" and "and" and "by."

    ReplyDelete