Monday, January 12, 2015

Sonday

It might have been the day of the three sons.  I don't have any brothers, but we are all three sons, to different parents, and it was Sonday.

We had a great time and I went to a burger place I had never been to, which was as great as Smashburger.  It's called That One Spot and it's just great.  It's in Ocoee here in Central Florida.

You know how some menus seem like they were copied from some other menu and worse, some menus seem to have been assembled from whatever the author threw into the cart while walking down the "gourmet" aisle? and don't have any cohesion or sense of themselves?

Well, this place has what a menu should be.

The choices and the food are carefully constructed from quality ingredients and I bet if I tried everything on the menu there would be few if any, misses.

1 comment:


  1. Oneday
    Twosday
    Whensday
    Foursday
    Frieday
    Sitday
    Sonday

    It hasn't caught on, but these titles sound somewhat like the ones I'm familiar with and make more sense. The week starts with Monday, which is just one day. But it's the only day we have that day, so the name recalls that.

    Twosday could be called Tosday, a play on today, but every day is at some point 'today.'

    Whensday is a chance in the middle of the week to take charge of when- not wait for someday.

    Foursday- well, it's not my favorite name, but it is the fourth day of the week.

    Frieday is only helpful if it helps me avoid fried food the other days.

    Sitday seems to be everyday.

    Sonday is a day to reflect the light of the Son, which we really should do every day so I'm not sure about that one either.

    ReplyDelete