Thursday, January 8, 2015

Sonday

Sun vs. Son

I don't happen to believe that the Creator and something created, as in this case, the sun, are the same thing, but yet I have come to realize that from my perspective they certainly can seem that they are identical.  The issue isn't really the difference between the Creator and the created, but what I can understand in my limited perspective and experience.

Let's consider the ant under a magnifying glass.  An ant may not realize whether the heat originates from a young child that is burning him with the magnifying glass or whether that heat is the result of a collection of situations that brought about that same result:  .
You see, there once was a man and a woman, who loved each other very, very much, and so they bought their son a magnifying glass that was made half-way around the world in a factory staffed by people who resented the fact that somebody else had built a factory for them to work at, and other people were also involved because they worked to make the product available across the sea on a big big boat that many people had a hand in designing and making and buying and piloting and then the man and woman who loved each other very much and did many things that the ant and the boy could not even imagine bought this manufactured gift for their son who used it to fry the ant with the sun....

You see, despite my understanding of it, there's this really big thing, or process, or understanding, or reality beyond my words, bigger than I, at the center of the universe or at least at the center of my part of it, that's with me all the time holding things together whether I see it or not, acknowledge it or not or learn from it or not.  And as the most important thing in my world, it's appropriate for me to think of it on the ceremonial first day of the week, to get my thoughts in order and add some perspective to the whole thing as the week begins, yet continues to cycle; starting on a Sonday.

Of course some people don't like to be as primitive as to worship the sun, so they just study it or ignore it.  Yet the light and heat from the sun remains indispensable to their existence.  And some don't believe in the Son so they spell it differently and in their thinking it is a big ball of hot air, rather than Someone spewing a lot of hot air, and some others just want to call it Someday so that they can sit around that day and dream about the future, relaxing in the light of their own glory or that of the sun or the Son.  And others sit around complaining about their factory owner, ignoring the light all around them.

So that's the first day of the week.

You can call it Sonday or Sunday, but either way:

Someday is Here. 

1 comment:

  1. Here there was another attempt to use color to acknowledge that the narrative was going off in different directions. I'm not sure if the changes in color make the twists and turns easier to follow, or not.

    ReplyDelete