Thursday, April 4, 2019

I think it's time

Today, I'm cleaning up my Desktop on my laptop and I came across this photo.

Funny, huh?

I don't remember if I posted it here, previously, when I wrote about a movie with Ava Gardner, but here it is.

With another one I found, too.





Funny that an image isolated can be so different from its context, and then of course, I have also isolated part of the image with my screen clipping; cropping it where I wanted to crop it.

Screen clippings are the most useful thing (probably not the very most, or at least not the only item at the top) that I learned as a Technical Trainer at Southwest.  Who the what hired me to do anything technical?  Anyway, I think it's time to clean off my Desktop some, and to watch another 70s or 80s movie.

It bugs me about Ava Gardner, that everyone says she's beautiful.  Not that she isn't, but why can't they switch up their adjectives?  Why must everybody act like they always agree about this, just like they do with Hedy Lamarr?  Just like, all they write about Richard Burton is how masculine he is.  Hello, Hollywood actors are/were masculine; this isn't weird, or wasn't.  And Hollywood actresses are beautiful.  Say something else, or no need to say it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment