Friday, April 12, 2019

What's the matter with kids today?

 Well, nothing.

But there is a difference. A few times, well-dressed, clean Kama Young gentleman come up to me and asked for a dollar. And this isn't bums. This is spoiled little Americans.

I can't get into their thought process, but it seems to be this. All these people around me, would be happy to help me, and since I'm just asking for a dollar, I might as well ask them for one.



This is completely different now I thought as a kid. I might have felt that way to word a friend or an older relative. But even then, I would have tried to buy things only that I had the cash on hand to purchase. I would have sat there in silence rather than ask for something. That is, once I got to the point where I was buying my own things. As a kid, I would ask my parents no exception. But not other people. And never a stranger.

This new attitude, could be seen as entitlement. But, these gentlemen I seem to be the kind that would give me a dollar if I ask them. So is it a feeling of Brotherhood with all mankind?

The kids I'm around in theater right now, are great people. But of course they're different.












No comments:

Post a Comment