Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Thoughts On Scott Adams and Real Coffee

I discovered Scott Adams with a YouTube video about recognizing cognitive dissonance.  And I thought he was so great, and compassionate- explaining how we sometimes don't make sense in our thinking when a circumstance doesn't fit our worldview.

I think his video came up near others I had listened to, about taking care of oneself, and dealing with narcissists and thinking positive, and rainbows and such.

Boy was I impressed.


Then I discovered Real Coffee with Scott Adams and watched many videos.  Compassionate is not a word I would use to describe him any longer.  Yet, he is perfectly happy helping everybody get what they want- because he can get what he wants and it's a win win.  I guess the touchy feely form of compassion that never works but only makes the empathizer feel bad, is not something in which he will wallow.


Good.



So here are some notes from recent episodes:

More often than not, people disagree with business decisions, of course people disagree with government ones, and we don't really know what's going on there.  Press is partisan or stupid, and who has even studied what the press says?  In other words, this incessant complaining about what the government does, and before that, the incessant fawning- or more accurately, a complete ignorance of what the government did with some kind of feeling of smugness that since I voted for him and he's a little darker than me aren't I great and isn't he doing a good job....   is stupid.


Dec 21
Proxy wars don't help anybody, so how about an alliance between US, Russia and China


Dec 22 Episode 345
Never thought he would dress as Santa


Personally I never thought Trump even wanted a wall, but was using it to get attention.  Maybe he wanted one all along, but also maybe he is just trying to get attention any way he can in order to accomplish other things, or just attention at any cost.  I used to think he didn't have a plan but just wanted attention.  I don't think that any more. 

man it makes me so mad that people think they know anything at all about Syria.

How nice that everybody has studied up on Syria and become an expert in the last three days.



Now, Dems are wanting war there, and wanting the Pres to listen to the military industrial complex?  Wow, personal distaste for one man is making them be everything they hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment